What to Bring to the Technical Test, Interview and Orientation
The test is open book. You are required to bring a copy of the current 2 Volume Compendium of the current Ontario Building Code to refer to during the test (printed copy only - electronic and CD-Rom copies are not allowed).
For the interivew, you must bring copies of the following documents to provide to the interviewer:
- Sample of the purchase agreement or construction contract you intend to use, including any features list or other schedules;
- Floor plan and elevation of a typical home you are proposing;
- Construction budget;
- Cash flow statement;
- Contract to be used with subcontractors;
- Sample marketing material;
- Relevant course certificates and/or diplomas; and
- After sales customer service plan for emergencies, service inspections and repairs.
Failing to submit documents at the time of the interview will have a negative impact on your interview score.
The orientation, technical test and interview are conducted in English. If you require the assistance of an interpreter, you may bring one to assist you.
If you have any questions regarding the builder orientation, technical test or interview, please contact the Licensing and Underwriting department at 1-877-696-6497 ext. 3812 or by clicking here.
Having trouble finding your answer? Please send us an email.
You May Be Interested In:
Top 10 Questions
- Where can I find my enrolment number?
- When and how do I make a warranty claim to Tarion?
- What is the difference between a firm and tentative closing date?
- What is a Common Elements Condo?
- Who pays for the warranty and how much does it cost?
- How do I research a builder?
- How do I get another copy of a Certificate of Completion and Possession (CCP) that's been lost?
- What is the difference between a Type A, B, C and D condominium?
- Is the warranty transferable to a subsequent owner of the home or condominium?
- What is a conciliation and how do I request one?