Cost of Warranty
Builders and/or vendors pay the warranty enrolment fee to Tarion before construction. Some builders and vendors will include the warranty enrolment fee in the purchase price of the home, while others show it as a separate item on the Statement of Adjustments.
The warranty enrolment fee is based on a scale relating to the sale price of the home or condominium unit. Refer to the warranty enrolment fee table to find out the warranty enrolment fee on a home or condominium unit.
Having trouble finding your answer? Please send us an email.
Top 10 Questions
- Where can I find my enrolment number?
- When and how do I make a warranty claim to Tarion?
- What is the difference between a firm and tentative closing date?
- What is a Common Elements Condo?
- Who pays for the warranty and how much does it cost?
- How do I research a builder?
- How do I get another copy of a Certificate of Completion and Possession (CCP) that's been lost?
- What is the difference between a Type A, B, C and D condominium?
- Is the warranty transferable to a subsequent owner of the home or condominium?
- What is a conciliation and how do I request one?