Cost of Warranty
Builders and/or vendors pay the warranty enrolment fee to Tarion before construction. Some builders and vendors will include the warranty enrolment fee in the purchase price of the home, while others show it as a separate item on the Statement of Adjustments.
The warranty enrolment fee is based on a scale relating to the sale price of the home or condominium unit. Refer to the warranty enrolment fee table to find out the warranty enrolment fee on a home or condominium unit.
Having trouble finding your answer? Please send us an email.
Top 10 Questions
- How do I research a builder?
- What is the difference between a firm and tentative closing date?
- Who pays for the warranty and how much does it cost?
- When and how do I make a warranty claim to Tarion?
- What is the difference between a Type A, B, C and D condominium?
- Is the warranty transferable to a subsequent owner of the home or condominium?
- Where can I find my enrolment number?
- How long are shingles covered under the statutory warranty?
- What is a Common Elements Condo?
- What does the new home warranty cover?