High concentrations of radon in a home may pose health risks. There is warranty coverage for excessive radon under the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act. Tarion’s video on Radon Warranty Coverage explains what radon is, how to measure it, and how to make a warranty claim if the radon level in your home is above Health Canada's guideline.
Other educational videos can be found in our Online Video Library.
Having trouble finding your answer? Please send us an email.
Top 10 Questions
- How do I research a builder?
- What is the difference between a firm and tentative closing date?
- Who pays for the warranty and how much does it cost?
- When and how do I make a warranty claim to Tarion?
- What is the difference between a Type A, B, C and D condominium?
- Is the warranty transferable to a subsequent owner of the home or condominium?
- Where can I find my enrolment number?
- How long are shingles covered under the statutory warranty?
- What is a Common Elements Condo?
- What does the new home warranty cover?